New python.org website

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Wed Mar 8 13:31:23 EST 2006

Kay Schluehr wrote:
> Steven Bethard wrote:
>
>> Phoe6 wrote:
>>
>>> beta.python.org evolved  very nice and noticed today the new python.org
>>> website going live. There is a change in the look n feel, wherein it
>>> looks "more official" and maximum possible information about python is
>>> now directly accessible from the home page itself.  Kudoes to the
>>> design team.
>>>
>> I want to second that!
>>
>> A moment aside to all the complainers.  If you don't like the format,
>> color scheme, etc., could you take a half an hour and mock up a better
>> format that shows what you'd like to see?  Honestly, if you come up with
>> a style that everyone agrees is better than what's there now, I'd bet
>> people would be glad to change it.  Especially if it's just switching a
>> CSS stylesheet.
>>

>> STeVe
>>

> Steven, that's not how design works. That's more a feverish dream of
> techies about painture and the relationship bewteen expression, color
> and space: replace the theme, fumble around your style-sheet... No one
> of the complainers and negativists do claim that they could do it much
> better. But I think at times it might be usefull to consult
> professional aid. I'm still not sure what the PSF is for...
> Kay

It's not bad looking though so I don't think it needs a huge remake.
Just a little more color. With HTML designed for CSS you can do a lot
with some tweaks to the stylesheets too. I don't have time to spend a
lot of effort on redesigning other peoples websites though.

--
Michael McGlothlin, tech monkey
Tub Monkey