Python equivalent of Perl-ISAPI?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 20 10:19:48 EST 2006

rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:
> Waldemar Osuch wrote:
>
>>What Roger says and also:
>>http://pyisapie.sourceforge.net/
>

> Thanks for your and Roger's responses.
>
> I looked at pyisapie and there seems to be almost no
> dvcumentation -- no sample code and the single readme
> is pretty opaque.    The pywin isapi has a couple of
> examples but its documentation too is pretty bad.
> But they both seem to be tissue thin wtrappers around
> the MS isapi api.  What I was hoping for is something
> that would let me run existing cgi scripts efficiently with
> minimal changes.  I think the isapi and perl-ex stuff that
> comes with Activestate's Perl meets this requirement
> but the stuff I've found for Python doesn't.  So looks
> like it's back to Perl for this project :-(.

If you want CGI then there's no need for an ISAPI filter specific to
your programming language - you just need to associate .py requests with
the Python interpreter.

If you want to use Python as an Active Scripting language (i.e. in the
same way that VBScript is used) then you can do this by installing the
win32all extensions maintained by Mark Hammond and enabling Active
Scripting therein.

Don't suffer Perl if you don't want to!

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd                 www.holdenweb.com