Tried Ruby (or, "what Python *really* needs" or "perldoc!")

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Mar 17 02:33:31 EST 2006

john_sips_tea at yahoo.com wrote:

>Just tried Ruby over the past two days. I won't bore you
>with the reasons I didn't like it, however one thing really
>struck me about it that I think we (the Python community)
>can learn from.
>
>Ruby has ... an issue with docs. That is to say, there are
>almost none. ...
>
>IMO, Perl has docs nailed.

I know there are people who disagree with me, but I think the PHP community
has the right idea with their online docs.  The wiki-like community
participation adds a helpful extra dimension, giving practical tips and
pointing out non-obvious gotchas.

However, I'm sure it's a bear to administer.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.