Cheese Shop: some history for the new-comers

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Mar 12 08:20:12 EST 2006

Tim Parkin wrote:

> For most people 'developers' would mean people developing *with* python,
> not developing python.

the page it leads has headings that say "Python Developers Guide" and
"Links for Developers", and contains links about "Development Process",
"Developer FAQ", etc.

I'm convinced that people visiting python.org can distinguish between
"using python to develop stuff" and "developing python", but that's me.

> Also 'Foundation' could be confused with 'beginners' or 'basic'.

while "PSF" is completely incomprehensible for someone who doesn't
already know what it is...  why even keep it on the front page ?

(give it its own section on the community page instead.  the link is
already there; all it needs is a heading and a short blurb).

</F>