is Queue.Queue() serializable with cPickle?

john peter neuzhoundxx at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 10:43:14 EST 2006

i have the following custom extenstion of Queue.Queue() to save and load
  queue contents but I think there's a problem with it.
  Does anybody know qhether Queue.Queue() is pickle-able? if so,
  can I get sample code? If not, can anybody recommend a pickle-able
  Queue from another library that I might be able to use?
  Thank you for any help!

  Here's my "PersistentQueue" extension:

  import cPickle
import Queue
import os
from os.path import *
  class PersistentQueue(Queue.Queue):
   def __init__(self, maxsize=0):
      #print "init"
      Queue.Queue.__init__(self,maxsize)

   def saveState(self, file):
      fullFilePath = join(os.getcwd(),'savedStates', file)
      #print fullFilePath
      f = open(fullFilePath, 'w')
      l = []
      while not self.empty():
         l.append(self.get())
      cPickle.dump(l, f)
      f.close()
     def loadState(self, file):
      fullFilePath = join(os.getcwd(),'savedStates', file)
      #print fullFilePath
      f = open(fullFilePath)
      l = cPickle.load(f)
      f.close()