Caching in memory for Apache

Simon Johnson simon.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:56:40 EST 2006

Dear All,

I have decided to take the big plunge and drop the Microsoft platform
and use Mod_Python and Apache in it's place.

I've never used Linux before this project so it's a really big learning
curve, but so far it's going well. I've managed to create some simple
pages using the basic of Python.

One of the questions I have is: How do you cache stuff in memory? Say
I've got a bunch of stuff I need to create from a set of database rows.
Obviously, I do not want to consult the database each time I have a
request for my page. Is there anyway in Mod_python for me to store
values inside memory so I can look it up on the next GET request?

Simon.