Write a GUI for a python script?

sjdevnull at yahoo.com sjdevnull at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 17:35:18 EST 2006

John M. Gabriele wrote:
> -- GTK+ is what most Gnome apps use. The Python binding is PyGTK.
>     http://www.pygtk.org/
[snip]
> -- wxWindows is a lot like MS Windows MFC if I recall correctly.
>     The Python binding to wxWindows is called wxPython.
>     http://www.wxpython.org/

Note that wxWindows wraps native widgets, so a wxPython application
will use the native Windows widgets on windows, gtk widgets on
Linux/GNOME, Mac widgets on the Mac, etc.

I usually use wxPython for application development, but for my window
manager I'm using pygtk since it needs to be somewhat lower level and
portability to other platforms isn't a concern (turns out even that
isn't quite low-level enough for some things, so I drop down to
accessing the X event queue directly from C in a couple of cases).