RELEASED Python 2.4.3, release candidate 1

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Mar 23 15:18:53 EST 2006

"Paddy" wrote:

> I followed the links to the coverity page that shows their table of
> errors found, and subsequently fixed in tools used for the LAMP stack.
> They say that they informed the maintainers of the software about the
> precise errors found and the number of errors has been tracked since
> then.
>
> It seems there page has been updated with the results of the latest
> Python release

>   Python               0         96    100.00%     269609          0

coverity checks the development trunk (i.e. the current 2.5 pre-alpha),
so 2.4.3 isn't quite as good as this looks.  however, I don't think coverity
found any truly serious bug in the code base, so 2.4.3 should be almost
as good as the upcoming 2.5 release.

(and there was never 96 real errors in the code base, of course; coverity
is a remarkable tool, but there's plenty of room for mistakes when used on
a code base this large)

</F>