ldap usage

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Mar 31 05:07:47 EST 2006

Jed Parsons wrote:

>> Which LDAP server are you using? You can switch off this behaviour
>> with OpenLDAP. See man 5 slapd.conf, allow <features>.
>
> I don't have anything other than user access.  Good to know about this
> feature, though.

In case you're programming for different LDAP servers it's good to catch
empty passwords at the client-side anyway and not rely on server-side
features.

> Can you recommend any favorite books or sites where I can learn more
> about ldap?

Better consult LDAP link farms. After doing several years of LDAP
consulting I can't remember how I learned it. ;-)

But IMHO you're on the right track. Programming a LDAP client and
carefully examining the results different LDAP server products are
producing is probably the best you can do. That's how web2ldap
started... :-)

Ciao, Michael.