CGI redirection: let us discuss it further

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Tue Mar 28 16:22:28 EST 2006

and-google at doxdesk.com enlightened us with:
> What's wrong with the redirection page?
>
> If there's really a necessary reason for not using an HTTP redirect
> (for example, needing to set a cookie, which doesn't work
> cross-browser on redirects), the best bet is a page containing a
> plain link and <script>-redirect, using location.replace() to avoid
> the back button trap.

That's a very ugly hack. For starters, it requires much more traffic
than an internal redirect. Second, the URL changes, which might not be
wanted. Third, it requires JavaScript for something that can be done
without it.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa