Converting to ARGB and writing to a bitmap

Steve Juranich sjuranic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:32:52 EST 2006

heathimself at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't know what type of files they are, but the script allows me to
> save to a bitmap just fine. But I do know they need to be in RGBA 4444
> format, so I've followed what most of the tutorials for RGBA
> conversions said to do...shifting the bytes.
>
> The major problem is that everything is in green, it's shifted up by x
> pixels, and it's..um..flipped from left to right. I've been working on
> this for a few weeks now and any insight to the problem is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/fisherdude_99/TestImg.zip

This doesn't really answer your question, but have you looked into PIL yet?

http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/index.htm
(except, hmmm.... it looks like the web site is down right now.  Check back
later?)

It's got a bunch of different formats supported natively and makes image
processing work a lot easier in some respects.

--
Steve Juranich
Tucson, AZ