Alternative style sheets - Re: New python.org website

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Thu Mar 9 06:04:15 EST 2006

Phoe6 wrote:
> beta.python.org evolved  very nice and noticed today the new python.org
> website going live. There is a change in the look n feel, wherein it
> looks "more official" and maximum possible information about python is
> now directly accessible from the home page itself.  Kudoes to the
> design team.

I also feel this is a big improvement.

I know that a web site like this needs constant nurturing, so
I hope that it's been developed in such as way that it will
be easier to maintain it and to involve more contributors.

Concerning style sheets, it's pretty trivial to make several
style sheets and let people use the one they like best.

If we enable that, it should also be simple to see from the
web site statistics which style sheet people prefer. Then we
can use the most popular style sheet as the default!

Since people have different tastes, different screens with
various resolutions and colors etc, darker or lighter rooms,
might want different styles for on-screen viewing and on paper
etc, I think it would be a good idea to have several styes
even if there is no ambivalence concerning what look we want.