inserting into a list

James Stroud jstroud at ucla.edu
Tue Mar 7 15:26:00 EST 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>
>> Why don't you just _try_ that? It would have been way faster than to ask
>> questions you can easily answer yourself.
>

> I did try it, but I was still hoping for an explanation, which I've also
> gotten from you guys, some in nicer terms than others.

People who answer questions on this list have forgotten how unintuitive
intuitive can be. In other words, they have found that the intuitive way
to do things in python is usually the right way, which may not be the
case in other languages. Thus, your instinct to see if your instincts
are correct rings as laziness here, when in fact you are just being
rigorous.

Here is one my favorite examples of python intuitiveness:

if something is not something_else:
   do_whatever()

Who would have thunk it?

James