Newbie ZSI / syntax question

mrstephengross mrstephengross at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 15:13:01 EST 2006

I'm getting started working with ZSI. I have a client script that looks
like this:

===================
import ZSI.client
b = ZSI.client.Binding()
b.Send('http://...', 'verifyUserRegistered', '00:00:00:00:00:00')
===================

When I run it, I get the following error:

=======================
  File "./sage_installer.py", line 13, in ?
    b.Send('http://...', 'verifyUserRegistered', '00:00:00:00:00:00')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ZSI/client.py", line
209, in Send
    self.h.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/httplib.py", line 548, in connect
    raise socket.error, msg
socket.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

I'm trying to make sure I'm calling the Binding.Send() function
correctly. Does it look right? Note that I've replaced the actual url
(to the php server-side script) with '...' in the above example.

Thanks in advance,
--Steve (mrstephengross at hotmail.com)