SSH, remote login, and command output

Spire 01 spire01 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 02:57:55 EST 2006

Greetings!

I'm working on a Python program for a small LAN of Linux systems running
Gentoo, and I need a little help figuring out what I need to do it.  So what
I'd like to do is, from any given computer, log on to every other computer,
run a certain command (which normally outputs text to the terminal), and
store the output so I can use the aggregate statistics later in the program.
  I would normally something along the lines of SSH to do it, but I don't
know what I would need to pull that off in Python.  There's also one
complication: the systems could be Gentoo systems, or they could be logged
into Windows since they're dual booted.  Considering all of this, can anyone
give me some recommendation as to what library I should learn how to use to
pull this off? I admit, I haven't done too much in the way of networks, but
if someone can tell me what I need to do remote logins in this way, I'll do
what I can to make it work.

Thanks a million!
Spire