whats your favourite object relational mapper?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 20 12:12:07 EST 2006

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>
>>Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>>

>>>... which, of course, goes to show how stupid a metric this is, now
>>>that even Ian Bicking has admitted that SqlObject in its current form
>>>is a dead end.
>>

>>Got a pointer?
>

> http://blog.ianbicking.org/sqlobject-2.html

I think describing this as Ian saying the code in its current form "is a
dead end" is to read rather more into the words than is actually there.
I spoke to Ian, because he made the blog entry the same day as I was
using SQLObject as an ORM exemplar in my "Using Databases in Python"
tutorial, and I wanted a few words of reassurance.

You will find as SQLObject 2 appears that it's more of a refactoring
than a complete revision. I suspect the maintenance of the code had
become tedious because it had slowly morphed into a less-than-ideal form
for its fully-developed functionality.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd                 www.holdenweb.com