type = "instance" instead of "dict"

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au
Wed Mar 1 02:42:33 EST 2006

Cruella DeVille wrote:

> This is off topic, but if read the documentation is the answere to
> everything why do we need news groups?

Because "read the documentation" is NOT the answer to
everything. However, it was the answer to your question.

> The problem with the
> documentation for Python is that I can't find what I'm looking for (and
> I didn't even know what I was looking for either).

Is that a problem with the docs or with you? Or perhaps
a little of both?

In any case, now Jonathan Gardner has kindly pointed
you at the correct part of the docs, you will be able
to read up on it and have a better idea of what to do
next time.

> And since every
> language is well documented...

That certainly is not true.

 > there's no need for these groups.
 >
> I wouldn't ask here without trying to find the solution on my own
> first.

Good. And now, because people didn't just answer your
immediate question, but pointed you at the part of the
docs where you can learn things you should know, you
may find it easier to solve future problems.

--
Steven.