python library for web discussions

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 19 16:11:00 EST 2006

Amir Michail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building something like digg/reddit and would like to allow people
> to have discussions on various items.
>
> Is there a simple lightweight python library that I can use (as opposed
> to a heavyweight web framework)?  Although not necessary, some sort of
> scoring/moderation mechanism would be good also (e.g., like
> reddit/slashdot).

If you don't mind that it is not possible to discuss in "threads",
you may want to have a look at my blog server "Frog":
http://snakelets.sourceforge.net/frog/

Ah, it doesn't support a scoring/moderation system too.
So it may not really suit your needs, but if you can't find
something else.... ;-)

--Irmen