Advice for Python and Web Server/Services?

Ronald Davis rdavis at bastools.com
Mon Mar 27 08:15:36 EST 2006

On Sunday 26 March 2006 5:00 pm, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> Any possibility you need to specify an option on the socket
> connections to reuse-sockets without the normal time-out?

The problem turned out to be keep-alive. Apparently, Comcast is limiting my
inbound connections. Apache keeps the connections alive so it works fine. The
Python servers don't support keep-alive and are using up the available
connections too quickly.

I'm now using Apache as a proxy to the Python server and it works well.

Thanks for the response.

--
Ron Davis
Custom Software Engineering