counting number of (overlapping) occurances

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Mar 11 04:13:20 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano wrote

> You should always quote enough of the previous poster's message to give
> context. Messages sometimes go missing in Usenet, and people won't have
> the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

one would think that given how many Pythoneers we now have working
for google, at least one of them could go fix the horridly broken posting
interface in googlegroups...

:::

for those who use googlegroups and prefer to make a least a little sense
to people read this newsgroup/mailing list using other tools, please click
"show options" and use the "reply" link at the top of the message instead
of the link with the same name at the bottom.

</F>