a somewhat off-topic question about linux

Christoph Haas email at christoph-haas.de
Sat Mar 25 15:18:58 EST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 03:09:53PM -0500, John Salerno wrote:
> I'm interested in trying out Linux, probably Ubuntu, but I was wondering
> which distribution you guys like to use (because it's a pain trying to
> decide!) and you guys are smart.

We had this discussion a couple of time during the last months already. :)
I believe the most frequently recommended distribution was Ubuntu (or
Debian which Ubuntu is based upon).

> And to keep it Python related, I'll also ask, is there anything special
> I need to know about using Python on Linux? Do any things change, or can
> it be used just as I use it on Windows?

Some issues are platform-dependant. You will not be able to read the
registry or start a Microdoze-based program of course. Otherwise most parts
of Python are working the same way unless the documentation tells otherwise
in certain details.

 Christoph
 (Hoping to prevent a huge thread discussing pros/cons of distributions)
--
~
~