Programming challenge: wildcard exclusion in cartesian products

wkehowski at cox.net wkehowski at cox.net
Thu Mar 16 21:18:10 EST 2006

-- The states are lists of regular expressions
-- where [a,b,..] means match a or b or...

I haven't run or studied your program yet myself but what I had in mind
was that the list of wc's are *all* to be excluded, so the list
[wc1..wcn] is to correspond generating all tuples matching not(wc1 and
.. and wcn).  Maybe you're already doing that. The wc's themselves
could be logical statements among the 'primitive' wc's.  That's why I
named it the 'wildcard exclusion problem'. It's a lot easier to specify
a list of simpler wc's than create a long logical expression.

Thanks to all who are making this an interesting thread.