GUI in python

I. Myself No.Spam at Spam.none
Wed Mar 29 17:34:13 EST 2006

diffuser78 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
> a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
> and show results).
>
> Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
> want a long learning curve.
>
> I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.
>

> Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
> super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.
>
> Thanks

I've had very good results with Tkinter, which is the standard Python
GUI system.  On windows, it comes with the standard download.  With
linux you have to download it separately.

Mitchell Timin

--
I'm proud of http://ANNEvolve.sourceforge.net.  I'm currently working on a
major update of the SailChallenge package.  If you want to write software,

Humans may know that my email address is: (but remove the 3 digit number)
zenguy at shaw666 dot ca