Free Python IDE ?

Caleb Hattingh caleb.hattingh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 15:15:25 EST 2006

Hi Ernesto

SPE, or Stani's python editor is actually a decent IDE that can lauch
the winpdb debugger to step through code, with side windows for locals,
and watches and so on.   It's not exactly integrated debugging a la
Delphi, but in general my need for debugging is much less with python;
the few times I have needed debugging, SPE did the job well.

I also like that SPE automatically checks my code with tabnanny and
pychecker.  That way I don't have to do anything extra to use these
tools.

Oh, and SPE is free.

Keep well
Caleb