Convert Word .doc to Acrobat .pdf files

kbperry keith.b.perry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:22:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

Background:
I need some help.  I am trying to streamline a process for one of our
technical writers.  He is using Perforce (version control system), and
is constantly changing his word documents, and then converts them to
both .pdf and "Web page" format (to publish to the web).  He has a
licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat Professional (7.x).

Questions:
Does Acrobat Pro, have some way to interface with it command-line (I
tried searching, but couldn't find anything)?  Is there any other good
way to script word to pdf conversion?

Note:  The word documents do contain images, and lots of stuff besides
just text.