FTP not Returning (Python on Series 60 Nokia)

mbukhin at gmail.com mbukhin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 02:40:18 EST 2006

I'm using the ftp library (layer on top of sockets) to transfer files
from  a series 60 to an ftp site.  everything works fine, the whole
file gets uploaded but the command never returns!  so
i call:

ftp.storbinary('STOR ' + filename,F,1024) # store the image

which does this:

     def storbinary(self, cmd, fp, blocksize=8192):
         '''Store a file in binary mode.'''
         self.voidcmd('TYPE I')
         conn = self.transfercmd(cmd)
         while 1:
             buf = fp.read(blocksize)
             if not buf: break
             conn.send(buf)
         conn.close()
         return self.voidresp()

and the 'while 1' never stops.  That's my guess anyway.  When I run
this in interactive bluetooth mode the storbinary command just hangs
(though the file ends up on the server).  i've tried a bunch of
different  things, counters, comparisons, everything.  there's a signal
library in python but i don't think it's supported in mobile devices.

any suggestions?

thanks!