Working with files in a SimpleXMLRPCServer

Jose Carlos Balderas Alberico josecarlos.balderas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 14:43:40 EST 2006

Oops, I'm afraid I replied to Brian only instead of to the whole
distribution list. I copy the message I sent to him so that everyone can
read it:

I'm afraid I cannot use the zlib library provided by Python, since the ZIP
files I'm supposed to send must be password-protected, and I haven't been
able to find a method in the library that let me zip a file with a password.
I could be wrong though...

As for the HTTP server instead of the XML-RPC one... you are totally right.
However, in the specification I was handled to perform my task, it said
explicitely to use the XML-RPC protocol; maybe it has to do because  there
is also some data-bases issues in our application, and using XML-RPC would
be more appropiate. For example, the text file I'm supposed to zip has its
information extracted from a database table.

Anyway, since those are the constraints I'm facing, I thought handling the
files issue the way I did would be more appropiate. Since I have never done
network programming till now, I'm having difficulties dealing with it, and I
want to know if the solution I chose is acceptable.

Thank you very much.
Cheers,