mod_python installation

Kai Schulte chemosh at kampinada.de
Thu Mar 16 06:14:02 EST 2006

The Debian stable package tree has only libapache2-mod-python2.3 (3.1.3-3).
You can look at http://packages.debian.org/stable/python/ for a detailed
list.

If you really want to use python2.4 you can either try to use the ubuntu
package
(http://packages.ubuntu.org.cn/breezy/python/libapache2-mod-python2.4) but I
would not recommend it, since it could break your system.
Or you could search a backport, may be there is one.

Am Montag, 30. Januar 2006 15:21 schrieb Ravi Teja:
> I have Ubuntu which uses the Debian package tree.
> I see libapache2-mod-python2.4 with "apt-cache search mod_python"
> Perhaps you don't have all the repositories enabled?

Ubuntu uses mostly the debian testing/unstable or even  experimental package
tree plus its own package tree, so there are a few packages only available to
Ubuntu.