How to refer to the function object itself in the function per se?

Sullivan WxPyQtKinter sullivanz.pku at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 15:23:28 EST 2006

When debugging using 'print' statement, I usually want to print some
important values together with the function name as the context of the
values printed out. So my hope is that I could get the name of the
function.

Since every function object actually has a private __name__ attribute
that gives its name, but when I

print __name__

in a function, it usually print the public module-level __name__
attribute, ie, 'main', rather than the function level __name__. So how
could I refer to the function object per se, in the body of the
function itself?