Remove integer from float number

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Thu Mar 23 16:31:06 EST 2006

John Machin wrote:
> On 24/03/2006 6:44 AM, Larry Bates wrote:
>> Derek Basch wrote:
>>
>>> How can I return:
>>>
>>> ".666"
>>>
>>> from float:
>>>
>>> "0.666"
>>>
>>> This is what I have so far:

>>> Thanks Everyone,
>>> Derek Basch
>>>

>> This works but I'm not entirely sure I know what you are
>> trying to accomplish.
>>
>> ("%.3f" % x)[1:]

> '2345.666'
>>>>

> I'm sure of neither what the OP is trying to accomplish nor what Larry's
> definition of "works" is :-)
>
> Perhaps the condition abs(x) < 1.0 is implied ...

For the example given, my code works.  With so little information
the only thing I could do is answer the specific question and
caveat it that I don't know "exactly" what OP is trying to accomplish.
By the OPs response to my post, it was what he was looking for.
But I agree it is very much an edge-case question.

-Larry Bates