do design patterns still apply with Python?

Thu Mar 2 15:48:04 EST 2006

Since Python does so many things different, especially compared to
compiled and statically typed languages, do most of the basic design
patterns still apply when writing Python code? If I were to read a
design pattern book (such as Head First Design Patterns), could I apply
their Java examples to Python easily enough, or does Python require a
different perspective when applying patterns?