Any python HTML generator libs?

Stephen D Evans recombinant at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:25:07 EST 2006

Jarek Zgoda wrote:
> I use HTMLTemplate + ElementTree combo to generate static HTML documents
> from data in XML files. Other way might be using "object oriented XSL",
> as ll-xist is often advertized.

HTMLTemplate + ElementTree works for me too. Additionally I use CSS
(Cascading Style Sheets) to add style (e.g. fonts, colors and spacing). The
CSS also allows for different styles for display/print (e.g. not printing
menus). If you want to see artistic CSS google for "css Zen Garden" .

Nearly two years after initially using HTMLTemplate, the python code,
templates and css are easy to maintain. Whereas some code/markup written
with a python HTML generator is difficult to maintain.

Stephen D Evans