global, globals(), _global ?

robert no-spam at no-spam-no-spam.com
Wed Mar 15 10:04:12 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> "robert" wrote:
>

>>Most variable read-s in Python anyway go to module globals - as there
>>are no other kinds of namespaces except __builtins__
>

> your post made some sense until I got to this paragraph, which appears to
> completely ignore local variables, arguments, and variables in intermediate
> scopes ?  maybe you could clarify ?

Of course the local namespaces on the stack are the unmentioned default
(the intermediate frames are half way on the stack ..).

The discussion focused on off-stack, "common" name spaces. Python has
done the right magic in order to let modularize code well.

Just self-similiar self-inspection is not (yet) done to the best in some
places: this "_global" own module, self inspection in
functions/classes/methods (nameless recursion), stack handling/callcc

Robert