Type Hinting vs Type Checking and Preconditions

msoulier msoulier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:09:17 EST 2006

> It's actually something that has been being considered for Python 3.0
> for a long time.

I will never understand why we can't just leave a good language alone,
and instead keep trying to make it everything for all people. If I want
strong typing, I'll use Java or C++. And don't tell me to just "not use
it", because the more that's added to the core language, the harder it
becomes to inherit code, the ease of which being something that Python
is supposed to stand for.

Mike Soulier