New Python website, new documentation ?

Tim Parkin tim at pollenation.net
Thu Mar 30 08:25:36 EST 2006

1024nospam at freesurf.fr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering : as there has been a change in python.org website with
>a new design, is it planned for the documentation section to be
>revamped as well ? If yes, would it be just a appearance renewal or
>would there also be changes in the doc itself ?
>
>Martin.

docs.python.org will stay the same as far as I am aware but I'll be
looking at trying out a version of the docs using the new python.org
layout. Obviously this will affect more regular users of the site and so
will need testing out first. The structure of the documentation won't
change but it will have a new navigation (rather than just the back, up,
forward on the current latex2html output). It's probably best to get
something up on a test site to look at before over-analysing it though..

Tim Parkin