Why I chose Python over Ruby

Xavier Morel xavier.morel at masklinn.net
Mon Mar 6 11:22:20 EST 2006

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Yes, however, this is also true for Python in my opinion.

Ruby's ability to generate DSLs is an order of magnitude better than
Python's at least.
I only know of the Lisp dialects that get better at DSLs.

Check Rails' validation methods (in the models), or if you don't want to
dwelve into rails (which I do understand), go check Why's "Dwemthy's
Array" (http://poignantguide.net/dwemthy/) (note: you may need to read
Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby first, the creation of the Array itself is
fairly tough stuff with metaprogramming black magic and all).