Loop Backwards

john_sips_tea at yahoo.com john_sips_tea at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 10:38:43 EST 2006

Tim Roberts wrote:
> "Dave" <davidworley at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >Please be mindful of making statements such as:
> >"it's silly to believe both will behave equally"
> >
> >One of the greatest weaknesses of Python is the less than friendly
> >attitude Pythonistas display towards one another.
>
> I don't know how much Usenet experience you've had, but comp.lang.python is
> one of the friendliest places in the comp.lang universe.  Newbie questions
> get answered without derision, and disagreements are handled with spirited
> discussion, instead of flames and insults.  Compare, for example, to
> comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++.

It's possible that english may not be Felipe's native language,
and Dave may not've thought of that. To a native english speaker,
Felipe's comment (which was very helpful!) could've also been
construed as being slightly rude. Perhaps Felipe meant to write
"mistaken" instead of "silly".

Also, as an aside, smileys are always helpful on usenet. :)

> [snip] I've looked at Ruby, but syntactically it
> will never sway me from Python.

Same here.