Design mini-lanugage for data input

aurora aurora00 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 13:09:36 EST 2006

Yes. But they have different motivations.

The mini-language concept is to design an input format that is convenient
for human editor and that is close to the semi-structured data source. I
think the benefit from ease of editing and flexibility would justify
writing a little parsing code.

JSON is mainly designed for data exchange between programs. You can hand
edit JSON data (as well as XML or Python statement) but it is not the most
convenient.

Just consider you don't have to enter two quotes for every string object
is almost liberating. These quotes are only artifacts for structured data
format. The idea to design a format convenient for human and let code to
parse and built the data structure.

wy