ctypes/libffi for Intel based Macintosh

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Mar 29 12:39:11 EST 2006

philip.kania at kodak.com wrote:
> Can someone tell me where I can download a version of ctypes/libffi that
> will work on a Intel based Macintosh?
>
> I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.5 and the ActiveState Python 2.4.2 distribution.
>
> I've tried building libffi 1.20 which came with ctypes 0.9.9.3 and got a
> message from the libffi configure script that said libffi has not been
> ported to i686-apple-darwin8.5.1.

I know that the PyObjC people have got libffi (they have their own version in
CVS) working on an Intel-based Mac.

Since I don't have access to such a machine, I have now way to port
ctypes myself (hint, hint ;-).

OTOH, the current way to go would be to build universal binaries, but I
have even less clue how to do *that*.

Thomas