Xah's Edu Corner: The Concepts and Confusions of Pre-fix, In-fix, Post-fix and Fully Functional Notations

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Sat Mar 18 03:59:29 EST 2006

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Roedy Green" scriveva:

>>Hmmm... it displays fine via google groups. Maybe it's the reader which
>>is 'non-compliant' ?
>  I am using Agent.  You configure your database with an encoding,
> which is by default the platform encoding, not UTF-8.  I have just
> flipped it over to UTF-8.  We'll see if that makes Xah's future UTF-8
> messages more readable.

Agent uses this 'charset' to decode articles with no 'charset' declared.
In the OP article the charset is correctly declared so Agent should
decode it without problems ... perhaps your Agent is not configured in
the right way, maybe you are forcing it to use your charset instead of
the declared one.

--
Do not attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org