CGIHTTPServer threading problems

Alvin A. Delagon adelagon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:42:08 EST 2006

I'm a simple python webserver based on CGIHTTPServer module:

import CGIHTTPServer
import BaseHTTPServer
import SocketServer
import sys
import SQL,network
from config import *

class
ThreadingServer(SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn,BaseHTTPServer.HTTPServer):
    pass

cfg = params()
print "XBOX Server started on port %s. Press Ctrl+C to kill Server" %
cfg.port
server =
ThreadingServer((cfg.name,cfg.port),CGIHTTPServer.CGIHTTPRequestHandler)
try:
    while 1:
        sys.stdout.flush()
        server.handle_request()
except KeyboardInterrupt:
    print "Server killed"

The my cgi scripts are stored in the cgi-bin folder. One cgi script in
particular implements multi-threading and is supposed to be asynchronous
but it's not working. The browser that requests on the cgi script tends
to wait until the cgi script is done. I checked multi-threaded cgi
script but I'm 100% percent sure that it has no problem since it worked
as a mod_python script before. Anyone came across with this problem?