difference between .cgi and .py

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Thu Mar 30 02:17:54 EST 2006

amaltasb at gmail.com enlightened us with:
> I am new to python.. I have uploaded few scripts in my cgi-bin
> folder, some with extension .cgi and some with .py.
>
> What is the difference between the two extensions..

None at all, except the way you write them.

> which one is more prefered

That depends. If you want to hide the fact that you're using Python,
use .cgi. If you want to show that, use .py.

> do it effects performance ??

Nope.

This is all assuming you're using the most widely used webserver
Apache.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa