Printing a file

Fabian Steiner lists at fabis-site.net
Thu Mar 2 18:49:11 EST 2006

David Boddie wrote:
> Sorry about that. I must have just skipped over the setup() call in
> your code. If you're creating highly customized content then I think
> you'll always need to think about getting the pages to the printer in
> the right order.
>
> For rich text documents, there's code that does this in the Qt 3 text
> drawing demo (see the filePrint() method in the
> examples/demo/textdrawing/textedit.cpp file).
>
> In Qt 4, the demos/textedit demo does this with a lot less code.
>
> Or are you think of something else?

Thank you very much for this hint! Thanks to this example I was able to
print out my first pages :)

But some questions still remain. At the moment I am using
QSimpleRichtext and a personal HTML-File. I had a look at the
example.html of textedit.cpp (/usr/share/doc/qt-4.1.1/demos/textedit)
and found out that it contains quite a lot of proprietary HTML elements,
attributes and CSS style definitions. So far I didn't even know that
QSimpleRichText even supports CSS since I couldn't find anything related
to this point in the official docs (--> e.g. QStylesheet).

Is there any tool out there with which I can write those special HTML
files? I am quite familiar with HTML and CSS but I don't want to waste
my time with that.

Regards,
Fabian Steiner