Have you ever considered of mousing ambidextrously?

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Sat Mar 18 22:22:23 EST 2006

Roy Smith wrote:
> In article <441c779a$1 at nntp0.pdx.net>,
>  Scott David Daniels <scott.daniels at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Roy Smith wrote:
>>> I never understood why people switch mouse buttons.  I'm left handed, so I
>>> put the mouse on the left side of my keyboard.  It never occurred to me to
>>> flip the buttons around.
>> Well, I switch 'em because the "forefinger is primary" is ingrained.
>
> I do both buttons with my forefinger.  It just seems like the normal thing
> to do.
Ahhhh, but if you had been around when "chording" was practiced (a
technique that makes no sense with less than 3 buttons), you would have
been used to having to have pairs of buttons down at a time.  With that
style, it does make a difference which button the forefinger is over.

--
-Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org