Make staticmethod objects callable?

Nicolas Fleury nid_oizo at yahoo.com_remove_the_
Wed Mar 1 12:13:59 EST 2006

Steven Bethard wrote:
> Yes, you have to explain descriptors, but at the point that you start
> trying to do funny things with staticmethods and classmethods, I think
> you need to start learning about them anyway.)

That's all good points, but IMHO, descriptors are a much more advanced
Python feature than static methods, especially for programmers from
other backgrounds, like Java/C#/C++.  We basically have the choice
between hiding something unnecessarily complex or force to understand a
useful feature;)

> All that said, you should probably just submit a patch and see what
> happens.  I'll make a brief comment on it along the above lines, but
> since I'm not a committer, it's not really worth your time to try to
> convince me. ;)

I might do it, but even if I'm not a commiter, I'll continue trying to
convince myself;)

Nicolas