RELEASED Python 2.4.3, final.

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu Mar 30 10:30:29 EST 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> Anthony Baxter wrote:
>>On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community,
>>I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.3 (final).
>
> Thanks!
>
>>Assuming no major bugs pop up, the next release of Python will
>>be Python 2.5 (alpha 1), with a final 2.4.4 release of Python
>>shortly after the final version of Python 2.5.
>
> Why would 2.4.4 come out after the final release of 2.5?

Because upgrading to a higher Python micro release is always
backwards-compatible. Even with existing third-party extension modules
that you have installed.

Going from 2.4.x to 2.5.x normally means you have to recompile all your
extension modules written in C. Or download and install them, if they
have binaries for your platform.

-- Gerhard