Use of Python with GDAL. How to speed up ?

Julien Fiore julienfiore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 04:21:54 EST 2006

Thank you Serge for this generous reply,

Vectorized code seems a great choice to compute the distance. If I
understand well, vectorized code can only work when you don't need to
access the values of the array, but only need to know the indices. This
works well for the distance, but I need to access the array values in
the openness function.

As regards array.array, it seems a bit complicated to reduce all my 2D
arrays to 1D arrays because I am working with the gdal library, which
works only with 'numeric' arrays.

Julien