whats your favourite object relational mapper?

Jonathan Ellis jbellis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 01:12:01 EST 2006

Serge Orlov wrote:
> Flavio wrote:
> > With so many object relational mappers out there, I wonder which one is
> > the preferred tool among the Pythonists... is there a favourite?
> >
> > Sqlobject, PyDO, SQLAlchemy, dejavu, etc...
>
> Google results:
> Sqlobject ORM: about 17,100
> PyDO ORM: 469
> SQLAlchemy ORM: 571
> dejavu ORM: 659

... which, of course, goes to show how stupid a metric this is, now
that even Ian Bicking has admitted that SqlObject in its current form
is a dead end.

Personally, I think SqlAlchemy has the brightest future.  It's
significantly more sophisticated than the others, and it's already
quite usable and even stable (if the 0.1.3 to 0.1.4 transition is any
indication), although I think technically still alpha.

-Jonathan