Apache and Python and Ubuntu

msuemnig at jjhill.org msuemnig at jjhill.org
Wed Mar 29 17:41:23 EST 2006

I've create an Ubuntu Linux box, which comes pre-installed with Python
(I've added the libapache2-mod-python throught the app manager).  I've
created  .cgi and .py simple programs in the www root of apache.

The problem is the programs just dump the contents to the browser in
plain text.  Or, in the case of the .py files, I am prompted to
download the .py file.  How can I get apache to recognize that it
should execute the .cgi script?

Is there any special thing I need to do to apache to get it to know
that the python interpreter should be used for all .cgi files?

Thanx all for your help in advance!
pen