Python advocacy in scientific computation

Peter Maas peter.maas at somewhere.com
Mon Mar 6 16:40:12 EST 2006

Steve Holden schrieb:
> sturlamolden wrote:
>> First there are a few things I don't like:
>>
>> 1. Intendation as a part of the syntax, really annoying.
>>
> Troll. You think this is going away because *you* don't like it?

You are over-reacting. Keep in mind that sturlamolden has criticized
Python and not you :) I think there is a more convincing reply to
indentation phobia:

It is natural that compiler and programmer agree on how to identify
block structures. Anybody who disagrees should bang his code against
the left side or put everything in one line to get rid of annoying
line breaks. :)

Peter Maas, AAchen